Do you remember what it was like to be a teenager, trying to find your identity in Christ? Do you have a difficult or awkward teenage memory etched in your mind? My guest today is Hannah Conway. Hannah is a speaker, podcaster, women’s minister and author of several books, including her newest release, In Case You Forget: A 6-Week Devotional about Who You Are in Jesus.
Hannah is passionate about supporting children and teenagers during these vulnerable years. Growing up, Hannah’s father was incarcerated, which raised questions for her about her identity and self-worth. Now, it’s her passion to help girls understand who they are in Christ and what God says about them.
For someone who struggled to find her identity in Christ for a long time, I can tell you just how important it is to learn this at a young age. And if you’re like me, a bit of a late bloomer, well you’re in good company, and it’s never too late to start!
Finding Your Identity in Christ Episode Highlights:
- [06:45] When Hannah was in first grade, her dad went to jail. She felt shame and guilt.
- [08:15] Hannah overcompensated by being a high achiever.
- [10:03] She has constantly been going to God and writing down her thoughts and feelings.
- [11:23] She was a fiction writer but decided to write a faith-based book on identity.
- [14:57] Challenges our young women experience. Am I enough? Who am I? What are we embracing?
- [16:52] God answers us where we are. Find our Identity in Christ. Ask the one who created you.
- [19:56] Helping mom’s navigate social media for teens.
- [27:48] Be kind when you speak to yourself.
- [28:57] Exodus 34. God defines himself.
- [33:34] Both male and female are made in the image of God.
- [42:04] Hannah loves writing. Next she’s going to write about what it looks like to verb your faith.
- Even If On Instagram
- Buy Me a Coffee
- Hannah R. Conway Instagram
- In Case You Forget: A 6-Week Devotional about Who You Are in Jesus
- Books by Hannah Conway
- Hannah R. Conway
- “What’s Your Story?” with Hannah and Stephani
- Emotionally Healthy Spirituality, Peter Scazzero
- BeReal App
The Even If Podcast (“The Podcast”) as part of Even If Media, LLC is intended for informational purposes only. The Podcast is not a substitute for professional counseling or therapy services & should not be considered as a replacement for professional mental health advice, diagnosis, or treatment. If you are in crisis or need immediate assistance, please contact a crisis hotline, a licensed mental health professional, or seek emergency medical help. It is essential to reach out to professionals who can provide the care and support you may need.
#evenif #evenifpod #evenifpodcast